Frazer Clarke will take home a bronze medal after a terrible cut ended his Olympic super-heavyweight semi-final against No 1 seed Bakhodir Jalolov on Wednesday morning.
Team GB's will complete a record six-medal haul at Tokyo 2020 but Clarke's feelgood story was brought to an end against his rival from Uzbekistan.
Clarke had forced a standing count on his feted opponent but his Olympics concluded with a terrible cut above his eye which was originally sustained in his previous fight.
The referee ended this semi-final during the third round due to the cut - Jalolov was awarded the win.
Clarke was swiftly forced into the back foot by Jalolov's left hands fired from his southpaw stance.
- Neville: 'Odd bunch' Man Utd must play as a team
- USA cruise to record-breaking Ryder Cup win
- Neville: What has happened to Tottenham?
- Nasri announces retirement at 34
- Norris 'devastated' to lose win | McLaren rue 'wrong decision'
- Arteta: This is for the fans | Nuno's brutal Spurs verdict
- Hits and misses: Arteta finds Arsenal formula
- Fears over Nuno’s Spurs style grow
- Tearful McIlroy: I should have done more
- Max's drive 'like a victory' | Lewis: That's mega damage limitation
Source : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12183/12372171/frazer-clarke-earns-olympic-bronze-after-a-cut-ends-his-super-heavyweight-semi-final-against-bakhodir-jalolov443