West Ham now believe they only have a 10 per cent chance of re-signing Jesse Lingard from Manchester United.
Lingard joined West Ham on loan in January and his impressive displays helped the club finish sixth in the Premier League.
He also forced his way back into the England squad - playing in the warm-up games ahead of Euro 2020, although he was not selected for the tournament itself.
Lingard is now back in pre-season training with Manchester United and he featured in their recent warm-up games against QPR and Brentford.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said Lingard is in his plans for the upcoming season.
- Hamilton 'gutted' for Vettel after disqualification
- Spurs to fine Kane for not returning to training
- Chelsea warned Lukaku will cost over 100m euros
- Erasmus to face misconduct hearing for criticising officials
- Riley: VAR won't penalise toenails and noses this season
- 'I checked my watch in the air' - Beamon's 1968 record long jump
- Pereira hits back at Ismael; wants to leave WBA
- Man Utd transfer rumours: Trippier priced out at £30m?
- Transgender weightlifter Hubbard suffers early Olympic exit
- Arsenal transfer rumours: Martinez, Ramsdale deals suffer blows
Lingard's United contract runs out next summer and he is valued at about £30m.
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
You can follow all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports' digital platforms, as well as keeping track of all the developments on Sky Sports News.
Fantasy Football is LIVE!
Sky Sports Fantasy Football is back for the 2021/22 season. Create a team for free, and you could win £50,000.
Source : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12371069/jesse-lingard-west-ham-think-they-have-just-10-per-cent-chance-of-signing-manchester-united-forward733